Sunday, May 31, 2009


Been a while from the last blog. I am subbing in fifth grade, they are reading there books. Lets see…in the past week I have been kind of lounging around the house making some tech poi videos. Not real tech but fundamental tech stuff. That has been a rewarding process, now everytime I teach my hybrids or flowers class I can point the students to my videos, which is a goal for me and my instruction.

Here's my you-tube account

http://www.youtube.com/user/iduali


I want to teach in person, have online video help for the workshop and written text. And even if the student wants to go further into the way I think they can buy a DVD. What’s super cool is that I can reach anyone, no matter what price they are willing to offer and they can choose to support me, because I care, not cause I need money from them. That’s part of the reason why I like having a teaching job. I do not have to worry about ensuring I sell dvds, magazines whatever. I can be more of a person and artist and not a sales person, perhaps not starving, but I can have the “schole” or leisure to work on my craft.

Hmm. Lets see, this weekend I will shoot Fire Smoothies COL entry, that should be fun. Aileen’s spinning is shining right now and some of our partner work is feeling like soon its gonna be real good and solid. If anyone has time to shoot for us, that’d be schweet.

our ghetto, undersconstruction website, hopefully I'll get on it soon...

www.firesmoothie.com


I went to spin jam last night and hung out for a while and taught and practiced. Its weird going to a jam, I want to practice but sometimes I feel like I should be teaching, not that I don’t enjoy it, I dunno. But spin jam was fun.



Oh I did win in settlers of catan the other day over bryce, Jordan and brian. That was a good win = ).

I just made a flyer for my new york workshops, which I am kinda proud of. I really hope people come and check them out and learn something. I am not really looking to make a lot of money or anything. Just get to know some new york spinning people. I am still up in the air about treking down to Philly or DC.


My grandma needs to go to a hospice now, she had another stroke, leaving her unable to chew or do much of anything. When I am in New york I’ll probably see her for the last time until I have to come back for her funeral. That’s really sad, I know that my dad is probably pretty broken up about it. I am gonna give him a couple a days before I call him. He called when I was in class once to tell me, I was sorta short on the phone but I was in the middle of teaching. Kinda sad, not really looking forward to the Chinese funeral, it’s a rough haul….folding paper, sitting in a smoky room, really close to a dead body….

Wow, okay I’m gonna go, write more later, take care everyone!

1 comment: