Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bloggity with the summer plans all laid out!


Well since last time I have lost a tooth finished 9 days of filming and relaxed quite a bit.

The filming projects have been a real drag on my practice, I felt really bummed afterwards and had to really kick myself to practice again. Lucky I downloaded a juggling siteswap generator that is really fun to play with to keep myself interested with juggling.

www.siteswap.org

I was spinning quite a bit of poi in the last few days. Since writing that tech essay and spinning with G, talking with tank and greg I have tons of new ideas sprouting up in my head.
Spun hoop a lot yesterday and also did a fair bit of contact staff, I forgot about the pain on the back of the hand after practicing too many angels...aww..I miss that.

Sage came by yesterday www.sagefire.info and I taught her some doubles stuff and then she gave me a bunch of cool patches.

A couple of days ago I was offered a contact to work three days a week at a school. Seems pretty sweet. I get to school at 10 and leave at 5pm. And the school is pretty understanding about my juggle schedule, which is really awesome. I really like all the kids at the school too. They are much cooler that SHCP kids, its funny not sure if its a high school thing but I was always getting ripped on by the high school kids about my dress, like I was all unkepmt they really noticed.

Heres a video some kids made for a project last year. Try not to laugh too hard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgRpkwoQpbM&feature=channel_page

Sooo the summer starts soon, on my plate so far is June 5th I have two gigs with Copperlanter
http://copperlantern.org/

Then on June 12-15 I go to Harmony Festival in Santa Rosa.
http://harmonyfestival.com/

I'll work at the kids area teaching kids how to spin poi or juggle or something.

Then on the 16th Aileen and I head off to the east coast for Wildfiire www.wilfireretreat.com
Sorry chad I promise me and A will buy our tickets!

Some time spent there with family, mine and aileens. I'll teach workshops in NYC and maybe pop on down to DC and philly...come on some one convince me!

Then I come back have a day then off to the gathering in New Mexico. I might try to plan some workshops for the way back could be fun.

Then there's ten days until the FAF in oakland I will perform there with Vulcan Crew and Copperlatern.
http://www.thecrucible.org/

When then the week after that is the Reno FAF hosted by controlled burn, which I think is gonna be a blast!
http://renopassport.com/compression-fire-arts-festival-controlled-burn/

Then the very next day I head off to camp winnarainbow for my yearly stint as a camp counsler and juggling instructor.
www.campwinnarainbow.org

As soon as I get back I start teaching, I'll have a science class to tidy up and I'll need to plan the first two units or at least well into the month of september, cause I'll be gone at BM for the week before labor day.

Okay, now you all know what I am doing...so I will really take today off....maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update brother. Can't wait to see you in 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Noel, I'm gonna be on the east coast at the same time y'all are. I'm currently 38th on the wildfire waitlist.... If I don't make it, we should definately hook up somewhere....

    ReplyDelete